- Cytochrome P450 enzyme substrate: CYP1A2 and CYP3A4
- Action to be taken: No action needed
- Rationale: Although lidocaine is a sensitive CYP3A and CYP1A2 substrate, topical preparations are not expected to increase lidocaine-related adverse reactions.
- Wang JS, Backman JT, Taavitsainen P, et al. Involvement of CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 in lidocaine N-deethylation and 3-hydroxylation in humans. Drug Metab Dispos 2000;28:959-65.
- Orlando R, Piccoli P, De Martin S, et al. Cytochrome P450 1A2 is a major determinant of lidocaine metabolism in vivo: effects of liver function. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2004;75:80-8.